Tyrannosaurs invade the Waterloo Region Museum! Tyrannosaurs – Meet the Family, developed by the Australian Museum, is an innovative, hands-on immersive experience that allows visitors to come face-to-face with life-sized dinosaur skeletons, including ‘Scotty’ the Tyrannosaurus rex.
Time-lapse video of exhibit set up. This engaging exhibit provides a snapshot of dinosaur life and shows how this group of animals became the world’s top predators with massive skulls, powerful jaws and bone-crunching teeth.
Tyrannosaurs Birthday Party Packages will be available when the exhibit opens!
The Waterloo Region Museum anticipates record crowds to see this world class exhibition that is on exhibit during March Break.
In order to accommodate demand we are extending open hours to 8 p.m. on March 23 and April 13.
Tyrannosaurs – Meet the Family features many family activities and is appropriate for people of all ages, including children over 3 years of age. Highlights include:
• The first exhibition to showcase the revised tyrannosaur family tree
• More than 10 life-sized dinosaur specimens on display
• Meet Guanlong wucaii – the newly discovered feathery relative of T. rex
• Learn how recent scientific findings confirm the links between dinosaurs and birds
• Using multi-touch technologies, visitors can compare their arm strength to that of a mighty T. rex
The exhibit includes a table-top video game that multiple people can play at the same time. Players hatch mystery Tyrannosaurs and have to place them correctly on the family tree of dinosaurs. If you place all the dinosaurs in the right order, a giant meteor wipes them all out – demonstrating the mass extinction which they faced.